Fancy Tea Party Adventure

 

In June, my studio hosted a Fancy Tea Party for a group of 12 year olds. We call them the Art Adventure Club! For multiple months we have gathered to make art in interesting ways at interesting places. It has been a wonderful time together and this tea party was one of my favorites.

The girls followed my lead, learning how to wind wire around the stems to create a solid, full wreath for their hair.


We had lovely treats to eat.


Cupcakes (gluten free, of course), chocolate dipped strawberries and marshmallows, popcorn, and bubble tea. 

To create the bubble tea, I collaborated with my friend Glory-Anne who owns a tea company called Chocolate Is Self-Care. Her blends mix herbs with chocolate nibs and it is delicious!


First I boiled the Choco-peppermint tea and steeped it nice and strong. Then I put it in the fridge until it chilled. Meanwhile I boiled the boba that I had purchased off of Amazon. Rinsed it until chilled and set aside.

To make the bubble tea, I blended the chilled chocolate mint tea with frozen strawberries, a bit of oat milk, and added maple sugar to taste. (The liquids were an equal
ratio.) Poured it into 4 glasses with the boba and added big straws. We had a cheers and enjoyed!


The girls had a good time eating, making, and then posing for my live-in photographer, Louis.



If you live in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa are and are interested in a Fancy Tea Party with a craft to accompany it, just send me an email at mmcollins.art@gmail.com and we can set one up.


It is a smashing good time!

-Melissa

Comments