Nice To Meet You

 Hello!

It has been awhile since I blogged and I just realized that I never introduced myself. Let's take care of that!

My full name is Melissa Marie Collins, my friends call

me Missy. 

I am my mid forties, married to a kind handsome man and we have a dog named Sadie. We live in Iowa and enjoy sunset walks, being in nature, making healthy plant based meals, and creating a life worth living together.





From a young age, I knew I wanted to spend my life making art. My innate nature is full of curiosity and wonder. I will deep dive into a type of art making and learn everything about it, then try something new. Learning feels good and I have found that my artist self will connect all that I learn, with my voice being present throughout. At age 20, I decided that I would become a professional artist and have dedicate my life to it. 

In 2010 I began my career in the quilting industry doing surface design. It has been quite the journey and I absolutely love seeing my art being printed onto fabric and then going out into hands of quilters all over the world.

My 11th collection was just released by Windham Fabrics and it called Impressions. It is my first collection with Windham and I have really enjoyed working with their team. 

https://windhamfabrics.com/php/fabricshop/fabricshop.php

It is currently, May 2022, arriving to quilt stores. I can hardly wait to see what quilters and sewers are going to make with. It is my favorite collection that I have designed so far. 



It contains the essence of a fresh season of life, illustrating that we all go through difficult seasons and come out on the other side, holding onto hope. The collection represents the other side; the new, fresh season with new opportunities blooming. The main print expresses the beauty of human connection and the support we offer to each other. The swirls represent the energy of life and that which is within us. The colorful dibby-dabby dots represent that joy and beauty can always be found, if we look for it.  

In my following posts, I will share the projects I have created with this collection. Me and my little team have been busy making all sorts of pretty quilts and other things.

 


Until next time, stay true to your creative heart.

Love from my journey to yours,

Melissa





Comments